Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day Three

We've already talked about how a healthy diet can help your weight loss, but we haven't really talked about foods to avoid. When I say avoid, I don't mean you have to completely cut food groups from your diet, but you should try and have a balance between good foods and bad foods, and, if you can, have more healthy foods than unhealthy foods.

Try to stay away from sugar - sugar, as you know, is not good for your body, and certainly isn't good for your body. Remember to watch calories, but don't be too harsh on yourself if you snuck in a piece of chocolate cake. Weight loss is like a road - you may encounter bumps in the road, but you have to keep moving forward and not give up.

Now, you might be telling yourself, "Okay, so I've started to change my diet and be more healthy. Now what?"


Here's what you do - you start the exercise part of your diet. I know, I know, exercise seems hard even though everyone makes it look easy. I won't lie to you - exercise isn't easy to start for an overweight person (or someone who just wants to lose weight).


For me, I feel self-conscious when I exercise and people are looking at me. I don't know if any of you feel that way, but I feel like I have fat jiggling around and people will stare at me. It's okay if you feel that way, too, or if you feel that it's too hard to exercise and it feels impossible. It may feel impossible, but it isn't.


There's swimming, hiking, dancing, roller skating, running, jump roping, etc. What do you find the most fun? Do you like basketball or do you prefer tennis? There's always a way to incorporaate exercise into your life without it feeling like work.


If you don't like any sports or any physical activities, try walking to a song while you sing along, or doing push-ups during T.V. commercials. Lift weights. Climb the stairs up and down five times in a row. You can still put exercise into your life.

No comments: